Wekebere is a mission-driven company solving one of the most significant yet underserved challenges today, maternal and neonatal health. We are designing the future of prenatal care to improve the health of mothers and babies, through the most advanced combination of technology, medical expertise, and data science. We seek to empower mothers to have the healthiest pregnancy possible. We want to eradicate preterm birth and stillbirth. We want to deliver our solutions globally and ensure every baby gets a healthy start. Care to join us? We are looking for a top-notch Software Engineer.
About the job
You are at the front lines of the digital health revolution. You’ll join a top talent, fun, diverse, tight-knit team of experienced professionals who have worked in healthcare, technology, and consumer across multiple functions. We think big and bold, and relentlessly execute. You’re a passionate software engineer generalist, hobbyist, and modern C++ (11–17) master. You work fast without compromising on quality. You’re curious. You embrace new challenges and challenge the status quo. You’re proud of your code quality and performance. You contribute across our product software stack. You’re part of the software engineering team and contribute to developing quality software covering firmware, embedded DSP, database, and web. You work hand-in-hand with product managers, algorithm developers and application engineers to efficiently implement and deploy new product features. You challenge colleagues on the reality of resource-limited implementation. You show creative thinking and proactively come up with ideas and strategies to improve software, algorithms and product performance. .
Your responsibilities & experience
- You develop, deploy and maintain software for Wekebere products
- You own and are responsible for specific software modules, and ensure quality and interoperability with other parts of the software stack
- Setup unit testing, as well as the necessary environment and tools to monitor software performance • Work in close collaboration with product engineers, algorithm, product engineers, with the goal to provide unit tested, robust and well-documented software modules for deployment in products
- Provide guidance on industry best practices around design, testing, and security To succeed in this role, it will help to have: • Background in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent through experience
- 3+ year experience in embedded software within an Agile or similar development environment
- Experience writing unit tests and testable code
- Experience shipping commercial products, from specs to development to release management
- Experience with micro-controllers and/or DSP; experience with the ARM Cortex-M family and Bluetooth Low-Energy is a definite plus
- Experience with IEC 62304 medical device software standard is a plus • Experience with Linux, Docker, CMake, GCC, Clang and Conan is a plus
- Experience with Scala, Python and backend development is a plus.
What we offer
Wekebere has been recognized for our vision to rethink prenatal care and impact the lives of families globally including winning Yenching social innovation award, Innovate for life Challenge Winner, MedTech Innovator Award, African App Launchpad Cup Award Finalist, and many others. You will join a young, dynamic and international team who’s passionate about using technologies for a better living. You are an early member of a growing start-up with recent successes, and get to experience firsthand the excitement of start-up life. Your work will be highly visible to company founders, directly shape our products and impact people’s life. We offer a flexible work environment, remote work culture and a compensation package combining salary and stock options. You are based in our Kampala offices. If interested in this role or you want to learn more about the position and company, please send your Cv and your LinkedIn profile to email@example.com